A world in white gets underway.
I want to be with you, be with you night and day.
Nothing changes on New Year's Day.
On New Year's Day.
U2 -- New Year's Day
Classic song from the album "War," especially sweet from the vinyl LP. Now for news:
Kentucky vs. Louisville News
- Louisville could be the big victory that UK needs, but since the Cardinals lost last night to UNLV, it will mean a lot less than it might have.
Liberty Bowl News
- Tony Dixon expects to get more carries in the Liberty Bowl, and that's fine with him. Kentucky is only two deep in the position with injuries and academic casualties.
- John Clay has some Memphis barbecue recommendations.
- The Dead Guy has a preview of the Liberty Bowl.
- Who will be returning punts for the Wildcats? I vote for Winston Guy. I think that kid is going to be special at UK, and he has had a couple of excellent kick returns.
- Kentucky's receivers hope to make an impact in the Liberty Bowl. Brooks says they are better. I sure hope so.
- Chip Crosby says ECU's defense is plenty good enough for the 'Cats.
Other UK Sports News
- Cyprien talks about Patterson's slow start and subsequent return to form.
- UK women on a three-game winning streak.
NCAA Basketball News
- The Courier-Journal looks at Louisville's loss to UNLV.
- More love for UNLV from Fanhouse, and the Mountain West as well.
- Minnesota's football team and basketball team lose on the same day. Been there, done that.
- Just after reaching the top 25, Michigan goes down to Wisconsin.
NCAA Football News
- Congratulations to the Vanderbilt Commodores, Music City Bowl Champions of 2008. I love the SEC beating the ACC. More cheers for Vandy from the Tennesseean.
- LSU rolls over the Rambin' Wreck in the Chick-fil-A Bowl. Another ACC team falls to the SEC.