I plan to start doing the Roundabout a bit more, especially in the morning. I am just not nearly caffeinated enough at 6:00 AM to write anything that is well considered. So at least for a while, I am going to be putting up reading material early, and the stuff that requires more thought a bit later.
So perusing the web this morning, here are a few of the interesting stories I have come across. Treat this as an open thread to discuss anything UK related.
- Mark Krebs now a full fledged Wildcat
- Gillispie knows NBA beckons Patterson -- Lots of interesting tidbits in this one.
- Jodie Meeks healthy, happy to be back
- Razorbacks focused on 'Cats, defensive lineman returns
Gillispie trying to sort out the point guard situation:
"I probably wanted more for [Michael Porter] last year than he wanted for himself," the UK coach said. "I think he just made up his mind he's a good enough player to play at this level."
Jodie Meeks on Billy Gillispie:
"Coach doesn't have many rules: Go to class, be on time and come to practice ready to work with a positive attitude. He works harder than we work. He's the first one here in the morning and the last one to leave at night. He just wants to win."
- Terrence Williams has successful knee surgery [Great news for T-Will. --Ed.]
- Darius Miller excited about season
Phillips says UK will go with more two-tailback sets:
"That's another way to spread the field," Phillips said. "You get three receivers on the field, and you got Locke, who's becoming a good receiver, with Alfonso in the backfield."
- Cat fans need to enjoy Patterson while they can
- Media day recap
- Nick Calathes has hip injury
- Dead Guy picks this week's SEC games
- Gillispie worried but excited about this year